Monday, July 9, 2012

The Great Ocean Road Part Two

After stopping in Port Campbell for a picnic and a kick of footy on the beach,we piled back in the car and headed on our way.
Watch out Deb,they are driving on the wrong side!
Our next stop was Gibson's Step's. We were all very excited as you are able to go down on the beach here.
I will admit to being a bit nervous as we went down,the stairs were wet and slippery and every so often a surfy would run past you with his board.
Obviously they had right of way or the momentum of heading down with a huge board necessitated right of way!
They always said 'thanks' or gave you a grin but it still scared the whoops out of me.
I didn't even get a photo!



But,My goodness it was worth it!










The tribe made friends with a very stressed surfers dog. Poor boy,he went up and down the beach,looking out,whining.
Can you spot the surfer?



Jed was pretty keen to do a chopper flight.
Maybe next time?
The most tremendous tree's grow right up to the edge of the road.
So very beautiful.







And we arrived.
Thanks for sharing the trip with us!
x N

16 comments:

  1. Great photos Nicole. You have cemented the need to do the Great Ocean Road trip. I will book it in for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it Jen,it is fabulous and so many places to stop and let the children have a run around.
      We are staying in Torquay in the nicest house,you would easily fit another couple in.
      Thank you!
      x N

      Delete
  2. Your photos are just splended Nicole! What a wonderful time you and your family must of had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Glad you have all been enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much Janice. There is so much to see in Australia.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying your vacation!!! So much beauty, I feel like I'm there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen.
      I only wish you and your tribe were here with us!
      x N

      Delete
  6. Man, that's gorgeous! How do you think a 3-yo would do on a flight from the US? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be worth it Camille.
      I must admit I am a little ashamed at how long it has taken me to do this trip. It is not even a costly trip. We have found amazing accommodation.
      x N

      Delete
  7. Very familiar images for me - my in-laws live just near Lorne - it's a beautiful (if cold!) part of the world!!
    Great pics Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Karen,we are in love with the countryside.
    I hope I have done the scenery some little justice.
    x N

    ReplyDelete